Sliding Fee Scale Services
Why Does Accend Provide Sliding Fee Scale Services?
Accend offers Sliding Fee Scale Services because we believe all people deserve high quality mental health care services, regardless of their ability to pay for them. With sliding fee scale services, we offer discounted rates to people who have low incomes and are under-insured. Under-insured means:
- The recipient's insurance does not pay for a service that is medically-necessary, and the client cannot afford to pay the standard rate;
- The recipient's insurance pays for the medically necessary service, but the insurance requires a co-pay or deductible or other fee for the service that the recipient cannot afford;
- The recipient is uninsured, but may be waiting for coverage to start or, for reasons beyond his or her control, does not have insurance.
What Are Sliding Fee Scale Services?
Sliding Fee Scale Services are services offered at rates that are discounted from our usual and customary rate, as determined by the recipient's ability to pay. Depending on the recipient's family size and household income, rates for services are discounted as shown in the table below.
What Are the Income Limits and Discounts?
Discounts are calculated based on family size and income. The following chart shows what portion of the fee the recipient will be asked to pay based on family income for family size and what recipients will be asked to pay for Sliding Fee Scale Services at Accend. Discounts are based on household income as compared to to the federal poverty rate for family size.
|Percent of FPG:||Up to 100%||Up to 125%||Up to 150%||Up to 175%||Up to 200%|
|Discount:||Fees waived||20% Pay||40% Pay||60% Pay||80% Pay|
Can I Use the Sliding Fee Scale for Deductibles, Co-Pays, Co-Insurance or MA Spenddowns?
Yes. Accend applies our Sliding Fee Scale to all costs incurred by recipients of our services.
How Do I Qualify and Apply for Sliding Fee Scale Services
The process is simple. If you would like to apply, we will ask you to complete a simple application process as follows:
- Meet with one of our health care navigators.
- Provide the navigator with some form of income verification.
- Complete and sign an application form.
- Uninsured applicants will be required to explore health insurance options and apply for affordable insurance through MNSure*.
*What is MNSure?
MNSure is an online marketplace where Minnesotans can find, compare, choose, and get quality health care coverage that best fits your needs and your budget.
Accend is a certified MNSure Navigator site. If you do not have insurance, or if you have insurance that you cannot afford, our MNSure Navigators can help you examine options for affordable insurance.
Applying for health care insurance, if you do not have it, is a requirement of our Sliding Fee Scale Services policy.
Other Funding For Services
Some recipients may be eligible for other funding for services. Please ask about these programs when you call or visit us.
Accend does not discriminate in providing services, or offering sliding fee scale rates to eligibile individuals on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.